Andrew Pownall, Stephen Moir and Kelly Patti recently facilitated a CFO face to face discussion group.
CFO – The Year Ahead, what’s working well and what are the challenges.
Below are some of our key highlights from this event.
- Flexibility will mean different things to different people.
- Important to focus on performance based outcomes.
- The challenge with flexible working moving forward will be around such things as levels of engagement, building team culture and professional development.
- ESG. A lot of the impetus and ideas are being driven by the employees.
- The younger generation certainly have more of a view about ESG. It is important not to ignore it.
- ESG can only achieve environmental and social outcomes when combined with good governance to ensure that investors feel confident in the stability of the wider operating landscape.
- A strong ESG proposition can help companies attract and retain quality employees, enhance employee motivation by instilling a sense of purpose, and increase productivity overall.
- The increase in remote working calls for a greater focus on cybersecurity, because of the greater exposure to cyber risk.
- Measures currently in place for many companies are ‘not fit for purpose’ or sufficiently robust to prevent them from successful cyberattacks.
- IT systems need to adapt to these changes in working practices and the increase in human error.
- Cybersecurity is now on the agenda of most executive committee meetings, but should perhaps be given extra attention in view of the growing threats during the pandemic.
At Moir Group, our core belief is that a satisfying job leads to a fulfilling life. We will be running a series of expert-led events and publishing articles across the year, all designed to help you to navigate the jobs market in these challenging times. Find out more on our Learning and Events hub.
If you have any accounting or finance recruitment needs in your team, or you’re looking for a role yourself, we would be delighted to assist. We cover all roles, permanent and temporary, from Assistant Accountant to CFO.