Highly successful Tier 1 Australian Charity organization requires an exceptional Assistant Accountant to join their close knit team. Established in 2007 this values driven organization has been making a huge contribution to scientific research, changing the lives of many in the community.
The Assistant Accountant will report directly to the Finance Manager, playing a key role in administering financial management, cost efficiency and innovation across the business.
Duties will include;
- Manage all EFT and offline donations on fundraising platform
- Ensure donations are allocated correctly to member profiles
- Manage cash receipts, banking, and bank reconciliations
- Manage donation matching programs and other donation platforms
- Enter supplier invoices into Xero
- Ensure all suppliers are paid correctly and in a timely manner
- Enter staff expenses into Xero and prepare for payment
- Ensure all local Grants are entered and paid in a timely manner.
- Management and reconciliation of Company credit cards
- Raise customer invoices
Follow up on debtor collections in a timely manner
- Respond to enquiries in regard to donations, receipts, allocations from donors, and any other finance related
- Manage central mailbox
- Assist with budgeting, reconciliations and month end journal processing
The successful candidate for this role will be degree qualified (essential) and ideally working towards CA/CPA. A strong charity ethos is also essential.
Other requirements include;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work through complex revenue allocations and other tasks.
- Experience in a similar role – Not for Profit experience not essential
- Strong fundamental accounting knowledge to hit the ground running assisting with month end, journals etc
- Thorough knowledge of Xero (essential – 2 years plus preferred)
- Intermediate Excel – comfortable filtering and sorting data and using Pivot Tables.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills – Will be required to deal with corporate stakeholders, manage debtors.
- Align your passion for helping the community with your professional accounting career, opportunity to love what you do!
- Accountability and autonomy, great opportunity to work with a mentor and develop your knowledge base.
- Work close to home and enjoy flexibility – 4 days a week possible for the right candidate.
Please contact Sabrina Gill-Frisenda, Vicky Lazarus or Jennifer Hawea on +612 9262 4836 or apply at www.moirgroup.com.au. Please send applications in word document only.
To be alerted when we advertise a new job please set up a “job alert” by visiting us at our website www.moirgroup.com.au