Our client is an iconic organisation in the tourism industry.
The role liaises with a number of internal and external teams with key relationships being with the Financial Planning & Analysis team, the Treasury team, external auditors and operations stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities will include:
• To ensure accurate and timely preparation of the monthly consolidation schedules and statements, including maintaining the validity of all inter-company accounts.
• Assist with managing the financial integrity of the General Ledger.
• Own the balance sheet reconciliation process.
• Support the Finance Manager in the timely production of month end results including budgets and ad-hoc projects.
• Support the Finance Manager in the process and production of the quarterly financial accounts, half-year and year-end statutory reporting in a timely manner, including the preparation of relevant deferred tax schedules.
• Ensure Treasury processes such as month end Treasury accounting and reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner. Knowledge of cross currency interest rate swaps and back office treasury function.
• Assisting the Tax Manager with preparation of the monthly indirect taxes (e.g. payroll tax)
• Prepare, lodge and address queries on various government surveys (eg ABS surveys)
• Process improvements across the business supporting the business units
• Assisting the Finance Manager with workflow management and support of Financial Accountants.
The ideal candidate needs to be CA qualified chartered accountant with at least 4 years post qualification experience and ASX Listed experienced also preferred.
• Demonstrated working knowledge and experience of Australian accounting standards.
• Practical experience on ERP systems
• Advanced Excel skills
• Proven knowledge and preparation of statutory reports
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to detail and demonstrated problem solving abilities
• Self-starter and wiliness to assume responsibilities
• Team oriented
– 6 month Fixed Term Contract
– $130,000 plus super pro rata
– Dynamic organisation with strong team culture
Please contact Fiona Marr or Helen Pretious on +612 9262 4836 or apply at www.moirgroup.com.au.
To be alerted when we advertise a new job please set up a “job alert” by visiting us at our website www.moirgroup.com.au