We recently facilitated a discussion group with Kate Warwick, Head of Retail and Ben Shrimpton, Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting.
Also joining us was Anna Samkova, GM for Digital at PAS Group and Paul Downs, retail transformation expert from It Works.
We were there to discuss ‘The current retail environment and digital, e-commerce delivery and what is possible from a digital perspective’
In my view and from what I hear when speaking to CFO’s is that many see digital opportunities as a top priority in 2021. They see it as crucial in supporting their business’s recovery.
Below are some of our key highlights from this event.
- On line goods spend up 57% year on year.
- 36m Australian households made an on line purchase for the first time in 2020.
- Proportion of revenue derived from online sales is expected to continue to rise.
- Online YOY sales growth was highest in Victoria at 81.9%.
- Uncertainty remains as to whether some retail categories will continue to prosper as international borders open up and consumer spending moves to other discretionary spend areas.
- Use data to target your customers. Drive advocacy with intelligence.
- Make sure your engagement content is personalised and relevant.
- Who are your top spenders? Engage with them. Treat them differently. Allow them to see content others do not see.
- Expand partnerships across supply chain. Online marketplace will take up 33% of online purchases in three years.
- Monetize traffic in stores and online with targeted ads, offers and products.
At Moir Group, our core belief is that a satisfying job leads to a fulfilling life. We will be running a series of expert-led events and publishing articles across the year, all designed to help you to navigate the jobs market in these challenging times. Find out more on our Learning and Events hub.
If you have any accounting or finance recruitment needs in your team, or you’re looking for a role yourself, we would be delighted to assist. We cover all roles, permanent and temporary, from Assistant Accountant to CFO.