We recently facilitated a discussion Group with David Rumbens and Emily Dabbs from Deloitte Access Economics.
“Deloitte CFO Sentiment – Confidence Bounces Back”
Below are some of our key highlights from this event
- The Australian economy has returned to strong growth. Pre-COVID employment levels have been surpassed
- 70% of CFO’s are now feeling optimistic about their financial prospects of their companies.
- Optimism compared to 6 months ago has improved significantly – to positive 62% from negative 30%.
- Several risks do still play on the minds of Australian CFO’s. Most are external as opposed to internal.
- Environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) are seen as particularly important considerations when it comes to achieving strategic business objectives.
- A high number of CFO’s also see ESG including climate change as being a source of some significant risk in the long term.
- Of CFO’s looking to pursue more deals in 2021, acquisitions are being prioritised by almost two-thirds of CFOs.
- Flexible working and digital opportunities are a top priority for 2021.
- Closed borders have sent net overseas migration into reverse. This has had a particular impact on Victoria’s economic potential given it has benefited from net overseas migration.
- Retailers, big winners in 2020 are likely to face headwinds in 2021 as retail spending is likely to slow.
At Moir Group, our core belief is that a satisfying job leads to a fulfilling life. We will be running a series of expert-led events and publishing articles across the year, all designed to help you to navigate the jobs market in these challenging times. Find out more on our Learning and Events hub.
If you have any accounting or finance recruitment needs in your team, or you’re looking for a role yourself, we would be delighted to assist. We cover all roles, permanent and temporary, from Assistant Accountant to CFO.